Clothing ConsignmentsWe typically accept:
- Transitional early Fall clothing items for consignment during the month of August
- Medium-weight Fall items in September
- Heavy/Winter weight October thru mid-January
- Transitional early Spring items latter part of January-February (med-weight, pastels)
- Spring items during the months of March and April
- Summer items during the months of May thru July
What We Need
- Household decor
- New, boxed items suitable for gift-giving
- Designer and name-brand purses
- Housewares: ie. complete silverware sets, baking pans, utensils, etc.
- Mens and Womens colognes, perfumes, sterling and/or gold jewelry.
- Small furniture items i.e. occasional chairs, bookcases, end tables, small cabinets and the like in excellent condition. See Furniture details below.
When We Accept ConsignmentsWe accept consignments on the following schedule:
2:00pm to 6:00pm
1:00pm to 5:00pm
Please call beforehand to make sure we are accepting the items you intend to consign, as well as to check if we are backed up.
Items We ConsignThe clothing at New Prospects is comprised of high quality name-brand clothing and accessories for women that would be found in specialty and department stores such as Macys, Filenes, Sachs, Bloomingdales, J.C. Penney, Talbots, Chicos, American Eagle, Hollister, GAP, Weathervane, etc. within the last 3 years.
New Prospects also consigns household décor, giftware, small carry-in furniture pieces, antiques, DVDs, hardcover books (no older than 3 years, please), paperbacks (no older than 2 years), framed art, jewelry and collectibles; the more unique, the better! We also carry childrens books and DVDs, unopened gifts and games.
Items We DO NOT Consign
- wedding apparel
- mens suits, sport & trenchcoats
- large electrical appliances
- infant equipment/furniture
- childrens shoes/clothing
- sporting goods
- massagers, foot baths, etc.
When consigning holiday-themed items, bring them in at least 30 days in advance of the upcoming holiday to get a full month of exposure. All holiday items will go 25% off for one week before and 50% one week after the holiday; any unclaimed items will then be removed and donated.
We offer a 45/55* consignment split; that is, for each item sold, 55% of sale goes to the consignment shop and 45% to the consignor. For individual items sold over $100, we offer a 50\50 split in the Consignor's favor.
We have a 60-day consignment period where items can potentially be marked down up to 50% after 30 days. Any unsold items not retrieved within 10 business days from the end of the contract period are forfeited to the Store.
*NOTE: Any items accepted that require store prep (ironing, depilling, etc.) will be sold at a 40/60 split.
Small to medium-sized furniture pieces can be brought in during regular consignment hours. For consideration of larger pieces, drop off a photo or email a digital photo to: email@example.com. Any information you can provide about the piece(s) i.e. Manufacturer, date of purchase, original purchase price, where it was purchased, etc. is very helpful.
- Acceptable items must be in excellent condition.
- We do not consign items that need to be refinished or repaired, and they must be complete with necessary parts for assembly.
- Upholstered furniture should look like new. (It must be clean, no fading, no stains, free of odors and pet hair, not worn or torn.)
- Furniture should be of sturdy construction with solid wood (no particle board or wood by-products will be accepted).
If we feel your furniture piece is suitable for consignment, we will contact you so you can make arrangements to bring the piece in. Piece must be brought in at an agreed-upon date, as space may not be available at a later time.
New Prospects, LLC will price your furniture items at a fair market value, while also offering value to our customers. It is our policy not to compromise the consigned price by accepting offers or bargaining.
Furniture will be sold on a cash and carry basis; we do not currently offer pick-ups and/or delivery. We accept payment with Visa and MasterCard in addition to cash and checks.
- Furniture items will be consigned for a 60-day consignment period, with a 50%/50% split on the selling price of the item between the store and consignor.
- New Prospects, LLC reserves to right to reduce the selling price by up to 20% every 30-day period (at management's discretion).
- It is the responsibility of the consignor to arrange for the pickup of unsold items.
- Items remaining after 80 days become the property of New Prospects, LLC to be disposed of at their discretion.